Monday, August 29, 2016

cookies - chocolate chip

Round two of trying out the new countertop convection oven.

I forget how glorious a homemade fresh baked chocolate chip cookie is until i have one. Then i feel like banging my head on the wall wondering why oh why did i veer from this delight for so long.


i went with a tried and true recipe. Thank you Martha. I realize that the Martha Stewart soft and chewy recipe is essentially the toll house recipe minus the nuts, but I don't include nuts in my cookies anyway.

I didn't even take out my hand mixer. I went old school and mixed the batch by hand in a stainless steel bowl with a wooden spoon. Nothing complicated about it and people have been baking long before kitchenaid existed. Don't get me wrong. I love my stand mixer and hand mixer. And i will use them forever. But i'm not fully unpacked from the move and my kitchen isn't really done so i have to go sans electricity on the prep of this.

I baked a few batches - between 8-9 minutes. 8 minutes was still gooey in the middle. 9 was crispy but had that delicious brown butter flavor.


I love the cookie base on this. I need to try some additions though. I'm thinking of adding some coconut next time. 


Martha Stewart Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
  • 1 t salt
  • 2 t vanilla ( as always, i am heavy handed with the vanilla)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips (just dump the bag in)


No comments:

Post a Comment