Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

I've decided to start trying to make more soups. It started about a month ago when Joe was sick and I made chicken noodle soup...but i had made so much broth we also made a thai soup. YUM!!! Will definitely be making those again.

I had bought a bag of broccoli at costco and it just lasted too long. There was only so much broccoli salad I could eat.

I started by sauteing a shopped onion in about 2 T butter, and added some salt and pepper


Add about 3 T flour to the mix and cook off the flour



I went ahead and added about 1 cup of whole milk and 1 cube of chicken broth.


I cup up some broccoli. About 3 cups and not too chopped since i just wanted to cook it down, but not be super mushy...i was gonna blend it later.



Once the broccoli was cooked. I took the pan off the heat and used the immersion blender. Just a warning - this guy can get messy, so be sure to use something with high sides as to not spray creamy not broccoli all over the kitchen. 

Once blended, return to low heat and add about 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.


stir stir stir. melt melt melt until done.


I would have liked to add a little Tabasco to it, but we don't quite have a fully functional kitchen or pantry yet, so i'll take what i can get.






No comments:

Post a Comment